Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A "Bite" Of A Reality Check

Almost immediately after Jordan and I were married I was begging him to start a family with me.  I feel like almost everyone experiences it.  I would take it very personal when he would shut down at what I thought was the most wonderful idea ever.  I no longer let the thought of starting my family now consume my entire day.  I have realized that the time will come but now isn't our time.  

Yesterday was just another day.  I went to work and after I took Cider, our baby for now, to the dog park to let out some energy.  She loves it there and loves to play with other dogs.  After 20 minutes of being there this little French Bulldog snapped and started to attack her.  The dumb thing wouldn't let go of her foot.  Long story short her paw got bit open.  I took her home and helped clean out the bite.  I was bawling my eyes out.  I felt so bad that she was hurt.  As soon as J came home he helped me clean it out a little better and bandage her up.  The rest of the night I couldn't even stop crying.  Jordan gets a gold star for putting up with crying.  I spent the whole night playing out scenarios in my head about what I am going to say to the owner next time I see her.

The point of the story is as of yesterday I realized that I am going to be a wreck when I have kids.  That little incident brought out the mama bear in me and she is just a dog.  I can't imagine what it would feel like if I had a child and someone bit, hit, or made fun of them.  I would be livid.  So lets just say watch out for the day that I have kids.  On a side note I think that I am fine waiting a while longer since obviously a child would mean 1,000 times more than a dog.






2 comments:

  1. Its crazy how the second they are born you start worrying about them!! My biggest fear is that Seth will get seriously ill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok. I worry about our cat all the time (especially when we're gone on vacation) and he doesn't even go outside/see other cats... I'm just weird like that. But I am sorry about your dog! I would have been so upset with the other owner!

    ReplyDelete