Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One of Those People

When describing things I like or enjoy I would most likely tell you I love to ski, eat Cafe Rio, watch movies with the husband, online shopping, and looking up weird things on the world wide web. Never in a million years would I consider myself an animal lover, let alone a dog lover.  I always thought "those people" were a little different in the brain.  My sister and I got into one of our first silent fights because I thought she was a weirdo dog lover.  Little did I know I was headed down the same path.

In December Jordan and I added Cider to our family.  My world was kind of turned upside down.  I couldn't get enough of her for about 3 days then I had had enough.  I felt as though I had lost all of my independence.  I was on puppy patrol 24/7.  Every hour or more she needed to go potty.  She was always trying to chew something.  She didn't know her name.  She thought digging up the lady's plants was exciting.  There are a million things I could name that I didn't like about her.  Day 3 I was ready to sell her to anyone that would take this dog away from me.

Lately, something has changed.  I don't know if it's my attitude or Cider.  It could be a combination of the two.  All of sudden I don't mind taking her out to potty.  I love to hear her tail hitting the inside of her kennel when she is having a good dream.  I love that she curls up by my feet and watches tv with me.  I love that she is learning what is right and wrong,  She is doing so well in puppy school.  I love how excited she gets to see me after I have been at school all day.  It makes me sad when she sits by the door and watches me leave.  Ok I am making myself a little nauseous admitting all of this.  Those few statements qualify me as "one of those people". My day is consumed with Cider.  I don't know what I would do without this little pup.  She is such a good companion.  She really has been there with me always to keep my company when I am lonely and missing Jordan more than any other usual night.

Now one of the things that I would tell you that I enjoy are animals.  Every time I see any dog I get so happy and just want to play with them.  Everyday my future occupation changes lately they revolve around dogs.  I would love to be a vet, or a trainer.  Don't judge me.  I just love dogs.






If this came running towards you how could you not smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment