Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1950's Housewife



I am not against females rights by any means.  I enjoy my right to drive a car, vote, and get an education.  The height of any lady's existence doesn't have to be the day that she is able to stay at home, cook a meal and keep her house clean.  If you want to own a business, join the military, race an indie car, own a motorcycle, or run for president then do it.  I'm so glad that its totally acceptable for females to do that kind of stuff.
 I really think I was born in the wrong era though.  The things that get me most excited in life are exactly the things that little girls are told to do since the day they are born.  I love to look cute, cook meals for the husband, and make crafts.  I take pride in a clean home and I can't wait to taxi my kids around to all their different activities.  When I grow up I just want to be a housewife/mom.  It's not because I am trying to die without having a "real" job.  Taking care of kids is a rough job.  I know this to be true from many summers spent babysitting.  No matter how tired I was at the end of the day I wouldn't take back the energy we used making playdough, going outside and becoming mud monsters,or comforting them if they would get hurt or were sad.  Seriously, I can't even imagine the kind of joy I would experience as a mom.  I am totally fine being a stereotypical housewife/mom.  I would be good at it.  I could excel in this "profession".


No comments:

Post a Comment